School Transition Resources
Transitioning to the next stage of school can be SCARY – for both you and your child. But, it’s possible to make a successful transition when you have the right people, planning and preparation in place.
Below is a copy of the presentation I did at APAC that has some great tips to get you started. You’ll also find a transition checklist you can download. I’ve also added links to previous posts I’ve written about our transition processes and the challenges we’ve faced along the way. You may relate to some of them!
If you have any questions about high school transition, or just want to vent about the whole process, say “Hi!” over at the Facebook page (or feel free to send me an email, if that’s more your style).
- Managing a Successful Transition (APAC Presentation 2017)
- School Transition Checklist [download]
- Managing Difficult Conversations With Your Child’s School
- 5 Strategies for Tackling Parent Teacher Meetings
- High School Transition Tips for Students
- Special Education vs Mainstream: Our Schooling Journey
- My First Thoughts on High School
- 5 Strategies for Positively Supporting Students in High School
- Ideas for Supporting Students With Autism in High School
- Getting Ready for High School
- Starting High School with Albinism
- How to Share Your Child’s Needs with Their New Teacher
- The Road to Mainstream