Advocacy & Relationship Management Resources
Effectively advocating for the needs of your child or loved one can be a huge challenge. Especially when it seems like you’re fighting battles on multiple fronts – with school, the NDIS, the health system and other service organisations. Without the right support and the skills to navigate each different system, you can soon feel overwhelmed by everything you need to do.
On this page you’ll find presentations I’ve delivered in the past focusing on advocacy and relationship management. I’ve also added links to posts I’ve written about advocacy, relationship management and our experiences trying to access the supports our kids have needed over the years.
- A Positive Education Journey – Strategies for Success at School (APAC Presentation 2019)
- Working With School: Advocacy, Relationships & More (Joshua House Presentation 2019)
- Effective Advocacy Begins With Relationship Management
- Advocacy 101
- Managing Difficult Conversations With Your Child’s School
- How Parents Can Become Disability Allies
- Making the Most of Your NDIS Plan
- 5 Ways to Prepare for Your NDIS Plan Review
- What Should be Included in Therapist Reports for the NDIS?
- 5 Things Parents Should Know About the NDIS
- 5 Things Parents Should Know When Working With School
- 5 Strategies for Tackling Parent-Teacher Meetings
- How to Share Your Child’s Special Needs With Their New Teacher